Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is up 5.1% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is up 3.8% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $24.98.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 3.3% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 3.3% to a new 52-week high of $52.93.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is down 1.5% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 0.6% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.