Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 4.4% to a new 52-week high of $102.19.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 4.4% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 4.0% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 3.7% to a new 52-week high of $17.80.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.8% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $9.37.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 2.7% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.