Energy stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 3.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Baker Hughes Inc (BHI): BHI stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Energy Partners (EPL): EPL stock is down 0.3% today and down 27.5% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.