Healthcare stocks finished down broadly 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 6.2% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 3.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is down 3.0% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is down 2.6% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 2.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.