Services stocks finished up broadly 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is up 6.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is up 6.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is up 5.2% to a new 52-week high of $42.37.
- Orient-Express Hotels (OEH): OEH stock is up 5.2% today.
- H&E Equipment Services (HEES): HEES stock is up 4.6% to a new 52-week high of $40.45.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 4.2% today.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings Inc (KW): KW stock is up 4.0% today.
- Imax Corp (IMAX): IMAX stock is up 3.8% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 3.8% today.
- Korn/Ferry International (KFY): KFY stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): DKS stock is down 1.7% today.
- SBA Communications Corp (SBAC): SBAC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Lamar Advertising Company (LAMR): LAMR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Netease Inc (NTES): NTES stock is down 1.2% today.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Crown Castle International Corp (CCI): CCI stock is down 1.1% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Safeway Inc (SWY): SWY stock is down 0.9%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.