Utilities stocks finished up 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 0.9% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $31.55.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.1% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.9% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.6% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 0.2% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.