Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is up 2.9% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 2.4% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Dxp Enterprises (DXPE): DXPE stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Briggs & Stratton Corp (BGG): BGG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 0.1% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.