Energy stocks rose broadly 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Newpark Resources (NR): NR stock is up 4.6% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $53.98.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 0.6% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 1.2%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 2.0% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.