Technology stocks advanced broadly 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 10.7% today.
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is up 5.6% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 5.2% today.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 4.6% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 4.2% today.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH): CTSH stock is up 4.3% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA): BITA stock is up 3.6% today.
- Trina Solar Limited (TSL): TSL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is up 3.6% today.
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Red Hat Inc (RHT): RHT stock is down 4.1% today.
- Cae Inc (CAE): CAE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cavium Inc (CAVM): CAVM stock is down 1.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is down 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hubbell Inc A (HUB.A): HUB.A stock is down 0.7% today.
- Logitech International S.A. (LOGI): LOGI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Jds Uniphase Corp (JDSU): JDSU stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- General Cable Corp (BGC): BGC stock is down 0.6% to a new 52-week low of $25.64.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.