Utilities stocks rose broadly 0.5% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 3.1% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.9% today and up 30.3% in the last month.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $55.76.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $55.86.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $74.00.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.2% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.