Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 0.8% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 0.6% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 3.9% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.1% to a new 52-week low of $7.83.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.0% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.7% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Molycorp Inc (MCP): MCP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.