Basic materials stocks rose broadly 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is up 1.6% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.4% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 4.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.7% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 3.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 2.6% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.4% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 2.3% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.