Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 6.7% to a new 52-week high of $44.99.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $57.00.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.8% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 1.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 1.8% today and up 20.7% in the last month.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.5% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is down 2.5% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.6% to a new 52-week low of $24.72.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.