Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 9.1% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 5.7% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is up 3.1% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.8% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 2.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 3.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.8% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.9% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.