Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 3.4% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Idex Corp (IEX): IEX stock is up 2.6% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is up 2.4% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 1.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 1.0%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 1.1% to $42.90, near the 52-week high of $42.78.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): LMT stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 3.8% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is down 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Briggs & Stratton Corp (BGG): BGG stock is down 3.6% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 2.2% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 1.8% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 1.2% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is down 1.9% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 1.4% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.