Capital goods stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is up 1.6% today.
- Foster Wheeler Ag. (FWLT): FWLT stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $34.27.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is up 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is up 1.1% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 1.5% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 1.2% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is down 1.1% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is down 1.1% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pall Corp (PLL): PLL stock is down 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.