Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is up 1.8% today.
- American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL): AXL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is up 1.7% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Shanda Games Limited (GAME): GAME stock is down 0.6% today.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is down 0.4% today.
- V.F. Corp (VFC): VFC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Trw Automotive Holdings Corp (TRW): TRW stock is down 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (PHG): PHG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is down 0.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM): WSM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.