Energy stocks rose broadly 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 3.5% to a new 52-week high of $102.51.
- Alpha Natural Resources (ANR): ANR stock is up 3.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 3.3% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 3.1% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.0% today and up 21.0% in the last month.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is down 0.6% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.