Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.9% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 2.3% today and up 39.2% in the last month.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 2.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 2.0%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $29.02.
- Rex Energy Corp (REXX): REXX stock is up 1.8% today and up 21.0% in the last month.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 1.8% to $42.23, near the 52-week high of $42.14.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Tetra Technologies (TTI): TTI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Access Midstream Partners L.P. (ACMP): ACMP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Qr Energy LP (QRE): QRE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.