Energy stocks fell on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 6.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 3.7% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is down 4.6% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 2.8% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.