Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 1.8% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is up 1.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $122.26.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is up 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Tetra Technologies (TTI): TTI stock is up 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is down 1.9% today and down 43.9% in the last month.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.