Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.2%, the Nasdaq was down 2.7% and the S&P 500 declined 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.4% today and up 22.3% in the last month.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 1.2% today.
- The Gabelli Global Goldn Natural Resources (GGN): GGN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is up 0.9% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is up 0.5% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 4.5% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 4.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is down 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 3.9% today.
- Raymond James Financial (RJF): RJF stock is down 3.8% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cvb Financial Corp (CVBF): CVBF stock is down 3.6% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 3.6% today.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings (BPFH): BPFH stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is down 3.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.