Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is up 1.1% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 0.6% today.
- The Travelers Companies Inc (TRV): TRV stock is up 1.2% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is down 5.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cna Financial Corp (CNA): CNA stock is down 4.0% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is down 3.4% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.5%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- State Street Corp (STT): STT stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.