Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is up 4.2% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 4.1% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 3.3% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 3.2% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 2.3% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is down 2.4% today.
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cincinnati Financial Corp (CINF): CINF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Intercontinentalexchange (ICE): ICE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.2% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Columbia Banking System (COLB): COLB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.