Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 6.7% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 3.3% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.6% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 2.3% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 2.9% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.