Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 2.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 1.8% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 1.8% today.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- W.R. Berkley Corp (WRB): WRB stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Chubb Corp (CB): CB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Loews Corp (L): L stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 4.0% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 2.8% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 2.8% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 2.6% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.3% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.