Financial stocks finished down broadly 2.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 2.1%, the Nasdaq sank 3.1% and the S&P 500 fell 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Administradora De Fondos De Pensiones (PVD): PVD stock is up 0.9% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 0.7% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is up 0.4% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 5.6% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 5.0% today.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is down 4.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 4.6% today.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (HBAN): HBAN stock is down 4.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 4.2% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 4.1% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 4.1% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is down 4.0% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 3.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.