Financial stocks advanced broadly 0.5% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.8% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $13.66.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 4.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 4.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 3.3% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 1.6% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 1.6% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Visa Inc (V): V stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.