Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 14.8% to a new 52-week high of $163.01.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 10.3% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 7.9% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 6.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 5.9% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 5.1% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 4.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 4.5% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 4.0%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 3.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acceleron Pharma Inc (XLRN): XLRN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Stryker Corp (SYK): SYK stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.