Healthcare stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.0%, the Nasdaq fell 0.9% and the S&P 500 declined 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 3.9% today.
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is up 3.0% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Acceleron Pharma Inc (XLRN): XLRN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 0.4% today.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 0.3% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 17.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 3.5% today.
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is down 3.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is down 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 3.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.