Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Furiex Pharmaceuticals (FURX): FURX stock is up 27.9% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 15.5% to a new 52-week high of $79.33.
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is up 4.0% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 1.2% today and up 56.5% in the last month.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 7.0% to a new 52-week low of $30.92.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 4.1% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is down 2.4% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.