Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI): SIRI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Scientific Games Corp (SGMS): SGMS stock is up 3.5% today.
- HFF Inc (HF): HF stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fti Consulting (FCN): FCN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sunstone Hotel Investors (SHO): SHO stock is up 3.0% to a new 52-week high of $14.30.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is up 3.0% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 3.1% today.
- On Assignment (ASGN): ASGN stock is up 2.9% today.
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS): TDS stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is down 4.4% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Groupon Inc (GRPN): GRPN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Partner Communications Company Ltd (PTNR): PTNR stock is down 1.2% today.
- St. Joe Company (JOE): JOE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Papa John’s International (PZZA): PZZA stock is down 1.2% to a new 52-week low of $43.86.
- Gap Inc (GPS): GPS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.