Services stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is up 5.5% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is up 4.8% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 3.7% today and up 22.0% in the last month.
- Zillow Inc. Cl A (Z): Z stock is up 3.1% today.
- Tripadvisor Inc (TRIP): TRIP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp (LGF): LGF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporati (CZR): CZR stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Safeway Inc (SWY): SWY stock is down 9.9% today.
- Brink’s Company (BCO): BCO stock is down 7.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is down 5.2% today.
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP): CTRP stock is down 5.9% today.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is down 2.6% today.
- Oi S.A. Ads (OIBR): OIBR stock is down 3.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is down 2.5% today.
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Telecom Italia S.P.A. (TI): TI stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.