Technology stocks advanced broadly 0.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA): BITA stock is up 8.7% today.
- Yahoo! Inc (YHOO): YHOO stock is up 8.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is up 6.6% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 6.7% today.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 6.2% today.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is up 3.6% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is up 4.3% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is up 3.5% today.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Asml Holding N.V. (ASML): ASML stock is down 5.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Linear Technology Corp (LLTC): LLTC stock is down 4.5% today.
- On Semiconductor Corp (ONNN): ONNN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is down 3.3% today.
- Lam Research Corp (LRCX): LRCX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Kla-Tencor Corp (KLAC): KLAC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Texas Instruments Inc (TXN): TXN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Microchip Technology Inc (MCHP): MCHP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Analog Devices (ADI): ADI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Freescale Semiconductor Holdin (FSL): FSL stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.