Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 6.8% today.
- Tech Data Corp (TECD): TECD stock is up 5.0% to a new 52-week high of $64.55.
- Cepheid (CPHD): CPHD stock is up 3.3% today.
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is up 3.2% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is up 3.0% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is up 2.9% today and up 22.0% in the last month.
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS): SWKS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Micron Technology (MU): MU stock is up 2.2% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is up 2.4% today.
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Infosys Limited (INFY): INFY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is down 1.3% today.
- Western Digital Corp (WDC): WDC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Kyocera Corp (KYO): KYO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 0.9% today and down 22.8% in the last month.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is down 0.8% today.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.