Technology stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Weibo Corp (WB): WB stock is up 6.9% today.
- Synchronoss Technologies (SNCR): SNCR stock is up 5.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Plantronics (PLT): PLT stock is up 4.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Microstrategy Inc (MSTR): MSTR stock is up 4.3% today.
- Commvault Systems (CVLT): CVLT stock is up 4.0% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is up 3.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vantiv Inc (VNTV): VNTV stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cepheid (CPHD): CPHD stock is up 3.2% today.
- Total System Services (TSS): TSS stock is up 3.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Advent Software (ADVS): ADVS stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is down 2.8% today.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is down 2.7% today.
- Catamaran Corp (CTRX): CTRX stock is down 2.6% to a new 52-week low of $37.75.
- Bruker Corp (BRKR): BRKR stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is down 1.8% to a new 52-week low of $36.31.
- Interactive Intelligence (ININ): ININ stock is down 1.8%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hittite Microwave Corp (HITT): HITT stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Seagate Technology. (STX): STX stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Jds Uniphase Corp (JDSU): JDSU stock is down 1.5% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.