Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.6% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $56.56.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 0.9% today.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is down 0.7% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.