Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.9% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 2.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.9% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.5%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.5% to $50.35, near the 52-week high of $50.28.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.3% today and down 66.8% in the last month.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.2% today and down 24.5% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.