Utilities stocks rose broadly 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $19.06.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 0.5% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 0.7% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 6.2% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.4% today and down 26.8% in the last month.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.9% today and down 46.8% in the last month.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.