Basic materials stocks remained flat on Wednesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 4.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 4.3% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.6% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 2.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 2.6% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 4.1% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 3.5% to a new 52-week low of $25.15.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 2.1% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 2.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 2.3% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.7% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.