Basic materials stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 4.1% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 0.5% to a new 52-week high of $13.92.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is down 7.8% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.