Capital goods stocks rose broadly 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 0.7% today.
- L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): LLL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 0.5% today.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is up 0.4% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is up 0.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Graco Inc (GGG): GGG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 2.3% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 1.4% today.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.