Capital goods stocks rose broadly 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 6.1% to a new 52-week high of $91.85.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is up 1.7% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 1.8% today.
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is up 1.5% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 1.3% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 1.4% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 2.2% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 1.3% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is down 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.