Capital goods stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 23.1% to a new 52-week high of $32.70.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 9.5% to a new 52-week high of $151.99.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 4.3% today.
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is up 4.0% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is up 3.4% to a new 52-week high of $150.20.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 2.6% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is down 9.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is down 8.4% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is down 1.3% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 0.9% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.