Capital goods stocks finished flat on Monday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is up 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 0.8% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is up 0.7% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is down 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is down 1.9% to a new 52-week low of $73.88.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.