Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Diamond Foods (DMND): DMND stock is up 1.4% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is up 1.1% today.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is up 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is up 1.0% today.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is down 2.9% today.
- Vina Concha Y Toro (VCO): VCO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.