Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Elizabeth Arden (RDEN): RDEN stock is up 13.1% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Inter Parfums (IPAR): IPAR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG): PG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is up 0.8%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 0.7% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is down 0.5% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V. (KOF): KOF stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.