Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 6.2%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $27.55.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $25.71.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 1.8%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is up 1.8% today and up 79.4% in the last month.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 2.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Atlas Resource Partners L.P. C (ARP): ARP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 1.2% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.