Energy stocks fell on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $73.32.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $41.56.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 1.2% today and up 20.9% in the last month.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $67.29.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $20.74.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alpha Natural Resources (ANR): ANR stock is down 4.1% today.
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is down 3.5% today and down 21.4% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 2.7% today and down 27.5% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 2.4% today and down 28.9% in the last month.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is down 2.0% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.