Energy stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 3.9% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 2.6% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.